Fr. Robert Spitzer, SJ, ponders perhaps the ultimate question of human existence: How can an all-powerful, all-loving God allow suffering in the world? Fr. Spitzer explains that suffering without faith leads only to depression and despair; but suffering with love for God leads directly to meaning and a faith which is life-giving and life-transforming. 4 discs. 7½ hrs.
- Unit 1: Overview: The Question of Suffering
- Unit 2: Four Levels of Purpose
- Unit 3: Four Levels of Suffering
- Unit 4: Definition of Love, Part 1
- Unit 5: Definition of Love, Part 2
- Unit 6: Why Does God Allow Moral Suffering?
- Unit 7: Why Does God Allow Non-Moral Suffering? Part 1
- Unit 8: Why Does God Allow Non-Moral Suffering? Part 2
- Unit 9: What to Do About Suffering
- Unit 10: The Five Fundamentals: The Eucharist
- Unit 11: The Five Fundamentals: The Unconditional Love of God
- Unit 12: The Five Fundamentals: Managing Expectations and Spontaneous Prayers
- Unit 13: The Five Fundamentals: Following the Holy Spirit
- Unit 14: The Five Fundamentals: Alleviating Suffering
- Unit 15: Alleviating Cultural Suffering